Tuesday, September 02, 2008


I know, I know... never talk about politics or religion

I've always kinda been into politics just because of certain issues that I find important to me and my value system. Since living in DC though, I have come to love it and keep up with it on a daily basis. Many of those who know me can guess that I am a staunch conservative. No, I don't think that GWB has done a perfect job by any means but I do think that he has accomplished many good things that have been overlooked on by the media and others because of either a) the war has sucked bad news always comes before good, b) they are extremely liberal and bias or c) a combination of the 2 and I tend to lean toward C.

One of my goals is to never to look down on anyone because their views are different than mine. I may get frustrated but many of my good friends are Democrats and I love them just the same :-) (you know who you are!!) Yes, I might role my eyes at some of the things people say on TV and want to throw the remote through the TV (especially Keith Olberman....errgghh!!) or think how in the world can someone who was raised here in the good 'ol USA like me think the complete opposite as I do on so many important issues. I do find it intriguing and have to remind myself that they may be just as passionate as I am about the complete opposite view.

So I know it will come as no surprise to you then that I am supporting John McCain. I think that he is the only choice we have, but then again that's me. And no I don't think that Barack Obama is a muslim or he's unpatriotic or anything like that, it just comes down to the issues for me... and you can't blame a girl for that!!
I have been enjoying the RNC convention tonight and thought I would post some of my favorite quotes from tonight's key note speakers....

Fred Thompson:

"Some Washington pundits and media big shots are in a frenzy over the selection of a woman who has actually governed rather than just talked a good game on the Sunday talk shows and hit the Washington cocktail circuit."

"Being a POW certainly doesn't qualify anyone to be president. But it does reveal character. "

"But a man who never quits is never defeated. Because John McCain stood up, our country is better off."

"Our country is calling. John McCain cannot raise his arms above his shoulders. He cannot salute the flag of the country for which he sacrificed so much. Tonight, as we begin this convention week, yes, we stand with him. And we salute him. We salute his character and his courage. His spirit of independence, and his drive for reform. His vision to bring security and peace in our time, and continued prosperity for America and all her citizens."


Joe Leiberman:

"Sen. Obama is a gifted and eloquent young man who can do great things for our country in the years ahead. But eloquence is no substitute for a record — not in these tough times."

"Vote for the leader who, since the age of 17, when he raised his hand and took an oath to defend and protect our Constitution, has always put our country first. So, let's come together to make a great American patriot our next great president."

Oh, and one of my modern day heros:

Love, love, love her -- I know if we hung out we would be best friends

(if anyone knows how to get tickets to "The View" let me know :-))