Tuesday, December 05, 2006

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!



Christmas, Christmas, Christmas! Can you believe that it's already almost here?? It's always been my most favorite time of year. I love to see kids get excited and I can't wait till next year when Finley will be here. They say that as you get older the excitement of Christmas tapers off but I don't think so. It's more than just the presents and decorations now... I love the way it makes you feel and just being together with the ones that you love.

Here are a few of my favorite Christmas things:
  • Christmas Eve afternoon at Mamaw's and that night at Memaw's
  • My dad reading the Christmas Story from Luke every Christmas morning.
  • Christmas Eve candlelighting service at Church
  • My family. All of them. The Hays' and the Vanhook's are the best people to spend holidays with.
  • My little cousins anticipating Santa
  • Martina McBride's "White Christmas"... the best Christmas CD ever, although last year Clay Aiken gave her a good run for her money
  • Driving around and looking at Christmas lights
  • Seeing a bunch of cars outside of a house because you know a family is celebrating
  • Driving past Wal-mart on the way back from my Grandma's house and hearing my dad say, "Look now kids, you won't see that parking lot empty again till next year!!" (<--it's a tradition)
  • Big fat colored lights
  • Gaggers!
  • Richard always having at least one surprise up his sleeve.
  • Nativity Scenes
  • Smells of Christmas... cinnamon, pine, apple cider, christmas cookies, etc.
  • Jesus...
I know that it is so cliche to say that Jesus is the reason for the season- but it's true. I hope that during all the hustle and bustle of this time that we all remember why we celebrate. I hope everyone has wonderful holiday season!!!




No comments: