Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Turkey Outreach




Richard and I along with our small group had the opportunity to help out with a Thanksgiving outreach with our church. We helped box up over 250 dry food boxes and delivered those with Turkey dinner boxes to families in inner city DC. It was really an amazing experience and we are so glad we had this opportunity to share Christ with others. We always say how blessed we are but never really realize it until you are put in a situation like that. All morning as we walked around and handed them out I thought to myself, "why am I so lucky ?" and "why isn't this me that someone is delivering to?" I don't know all the answers to the hard questions but I am so thankful for what I have and whose I am.

O Give thanks unto the Lord;
for he is good:
because his mercy endureth for ever.

Psalms 118:1

No comments: