Thursday, December 20, 2007

No Place like Home for the Holidays

I have had the best time decorating our new home for Christmas. The past 2 years we have had to pick and choose what we can have while living like sardines so this year I let it all come out. Yes I do get into it a little more than most but I get it honestly from my mom.... we used to kid her when we were younger that our house could be mistaken for a landing strip with all the spotlights that she had going!!
Finley has loved all the lights we have up and every morning her and daddy turn on the lights together. She loves to wave at the tree and has been really good about not touching it. We have had a couple of tornados come through our North Pole Village but anything can be fixed with a little super glue... right? I love this time of year and am already dreading putting everything up.
Here are a few pics from around the Vanhook House:





















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am good friends with Amanda W. and she emailed me and told me where you moved to b/c we live in the same town!! I hope you are getting adjusted here. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about anything around town. We've been here about 2 1/2 years and have grown to really love it. I am a Physical Therapist and work contract for the hospital in town, for the school district and for Kidsource. Your little girl is a cutie! BTW...I have that same Santa pic! Happy New Year!

katiehiggins1@hotmail.com

aWare said...

You ahve to meet Katie, she is a doll, you will love her Christian friendship.