Thursday, July 19, 2007

Not only is it Finley's 4-month Birthday but......
1 month

2 month

3 month

4 month

She can sit up... but staying up is the problem

Exactly one year ago today Richard and I found out that we were going to have Miss Finley Grace. Oh yes, a day that will live in infamy..... July 19th 2006.

For those who don't know the story, Richard and I were not trying to get pregnant, so needless to say we were in complete shock! I bought a pregnancy test at the drug store when I was there picking up a prescription and came home and took it for peace of mind- (this was not an unusual thing at our house because I am a worrier ;-)) So when the double line showed up I rubbed my eyes immediately and looked again.... still same result. So I called for Richard to come upstairs for a sec- "I'll be up in a few minutes... I'm in the middle of something" I thought to myself... "oh, you have no idea!!!"

So with tears in my eyes I came down the stairs, stopped halfway, sat down, and buried my head in my hands. Somehow I managed to get out.... "We're Pregnant??!?!?!" and I don't even know if Richard knew I was there as he was so buried in his work. I think it took a good 10 seconds for him to put it in the buffer and then a very delayed "say what???" came out and I don't think that deer in the headlights left his face for most of the next 9 months.

But oh what a blessing these last 4 months have been. I fall more and more in love with Finley and Richard every day. There is just something about seeing the man you love get on the floor and blow spit bubbles with your child! She is such a good girl and we feel like we are the luckiest!!!

No comments: