Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!!


It was so nice to be home in Arkansas for Mother's Day. Not only was it my first Mother's day but I got to be with my mom and daughter on that special day. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful and godly example for a mother. She truly is a Proverbs 31 women! I only hope that I can be half the mom to Finley as my mom has been to me. She not only is my mom but she is also my best friend and I know it's cliche to say it but I'm going to anyway, you really don't appreciate how much your mom has done for you or how much she loves you until you have a child of your own.

When I found out we were having a girl I got so excited, not only because of all the cute clothes and bows that she will get to wear, but I thought about that bond that I have with my mom and I just hope that Finley share that as well. I realize that with having a daughter I also have the potential for serious arguments, temper tantrums, stubbornness, slamming of doors, talking back, crying fits, etc. I know all of this because I was once prone to such behaviors. And I'm not naive enough to think that we will always be best friends, but I can only hope that during those times in her life when she needs someone she can really count on, she thinks of me first. I pray that God will help me know how balance being a mother and a friend to her. I also pray that He will bless our relationship so that one day I can be in the delivery room with her when she holds her baby for the first time and realizes how incredibly much I love her.

Thanks mom for all you've done and sacrificed so that I could have the very best.
I love you!!!



No comments: