Saturday, May 19, 2007

2 month update

Finley went to the doctor yesterday and had her 2 month checkup. Dr. Chris said that she looked perfect.... but we could have told you that!! She weighed in at a whopping 10.0lbs and was 22 inches long. That puts her in the 25th percentile for weight and 50th for height.(whatever that means??) He sounded like that was good so we were happy... until the shots came. Miss Fin got 2 sticks in both thighs and let me just tell you.... she was severely ticked. The first 2 shocked her more than anything but by the second 2 she got MAD. Her faced turned the brightest shade of red I have ever seen and she didn't breath for like 30 seconds. She cried very loud for the next minute but then calmed down. She was fussy for the rest of the night and her sleep wasn't as good but we managed just fine. I hope that she didn't think that I had anything to do with it?? Poor Girl!

She is becoming so much more alert now and we love making her smile. I got to thinking on Friday that the poor girl has no toys, a dresser full of clothes- yes, but no real toys. She has a swing and bouncy seat that she hates at the present moment so I thought we needed to do something about it. The only things she really looks at is Richard and I and that would drive anyone batty if you did it long enough. We went last night to Babies r us to stock up and does anyone know how expensive toys are?? They (toy manufactures) really know how to get you because we they make you think that your little one needs all these things to develop normally so we got suckered in.... oh well, when she's a kid genius she can thank us. We are having so much fun and I attached some of her latest pics... Enjoy our cutie!!






1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness Rachel!! She is so adorable!! I have enjoyed reading your updates and can't wait to see you soon!