Monday, March 12, 2007

38 Week update

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6

Well the countdown is on. I am officially entering my final week of pregnancy. I have so many mixed emotions. I'm so ready to meet her, but I have really enjoyed being pregnant. Although my waddle has hit an all-time peak, my legs cramp a lot, my toes look like little smoky sausages, I have to use the bathroom constantly, I don't think Richard would say I'm as sweet as I used to be, my ankles are now "kankles", my bootie.... well, I won't even go there, I find that I don't mind at all.

I am so thankful for this little miracle inside of me. I love feeling her move and kick and I think I will really miss it. I can't wait for Richard to feel and get to know her like I have these past months. I want treasure every memory that we have had with this 1st pregnancy..... telling Richard, feeling nauseous every minute of the day the 1st trimester, seeing the heartbeat for the first time, feeling her kick for the 1st time, hearing the doctor say "it's a girl!", watching my body change and transform to provide for her.....It's all been so exciting!

Richard and I have tried to cram as much as we can into this past final weekend without children or family here. I have found that I have had this sudden burst of energy and I want to make sure everything gets done before she arrives. We cleaned the house good, completed the nursery, (except for the bed which is on backorder, so it's won't we here until a week after she is born) and ran errands that needed to be done. We also went on our final date, but it seemed every other thing out of our mouth was "Can you believe we're about to be parents?" or "I can't believe you're/I'm pregnant?" .... I guess it won't really set in until she's here.

I'm supposed to be induced a week from today, the 19th.
Please pray that she will wait till then so our family can all be here and for a healthy and safe delivery. Thanks for all your prayers thus far.
We will post as soon as she arrives!!


2 comments:

Martha said...

You look beautiful! You are all belly and nothing else! I'm so excited for you and Richard. It's the most amazing feeling to hold that little baby in your arms after holding her in your tummy for so long. I can't wait to love on her!

Laura and Donnie said...

I am so excited for you both!! Megan cn't wait to meet her newest cousin! I hope it all goes well. It happens so fast! Take in every moment! Laura Gaskin Ross